Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Making Moon Trees

Making Moon Trees
Yes, of course there are trees on the moon. And I needed them to be more greenish that brownish. Brown has its place but I hardly consider it a color. To me, brown is another gray. 

So, I had these brownish trees that matched the greenish trees of
Green Moons Forest. In the studio, on a shelf, just above the coffee pot, I reached for the Rit dye. 

Ahhh haaaa! Coffee pot still hot! Why not!

I added a small amount of green dye to the hot coffee. Tossed the brownish trees into the pot. Ran about two cups of water through.

Wa la!
Greenish moon trees.

After rinsing, pin the stack of trees together and dry with a load of laundry.

5 comments:

  1. you are doing a great job with the cloth to cloth techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so enjoying watching your work.....you are truly a creative person! My name is Jude...(notDave) as it might show. I am a quilter...painter and teach music as my job. I do as you do, and go to whatever speaks to me each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny dying in your coffee pot. Actually I should confess that the girls and I dyed some of our apron fabric in my coffee pot too;) I guess it's genetic
    xoxox-kt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving the piece you are working on. You and I are so much alike....we never stop working...too many ideas to conquer!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea for dying--thank you for posting this...I will try it...Julierose

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!