Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Apron Pattern

Watch for the Sister Helpers. Just as a side note, here is how the sisters came to help.

First, I tell you I had crazy fun designing this apron pattern. Before I could make it fun for you, it had to be fun for me. In my eyes, it had to be art. So, when I was working on how to present a pattern that could be printed and then put together like a puzzle, I called on my Sisters.

Very early in my discovery of mixed media, I painted a series called Sister Reunions. In addition to the first Sisters Reunion, there was Sister's Wedding; Sisters Follow the Leader; Sisters in their Nightgown; Sisters Meeting in the Moon Garden; Sisters Tea Party and more. 

So as a way to show the pattern "trim" places with a little splash, I showcased some of the sisters. They make me happy and as Paul Harvey would say, "and now you know the rest of the story".



Video: Apron Pattern....alternative video link......Please watch the video before printing and cutting out the pattern

About the PDFs. Below each jpg picture of the pattern part there is a PDF permalink. I don't know how it is working; however, it appears to be working for me and loads pretty fast. If you are on a slow connection, you may have to wait a little for the PDF to load. If it doesn't work, I am very sorry. I fear there is nothing I can do. 



 ApronB.pdf
 ApronC.pdf
 ApronD.pdf
 ApronE.pdf
 ApronF.pdf

4 comments:

  1. love the clarity of the pattern, how the Sisters DO help, i smile and am
    happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, It is just brilliant the way you created this pattern. The to have the sisters helping, well that was so much fun to see them again.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!