Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blue Jay Feathers

Today, I'm mailing my three blue jay feathers to Jude for her Magic Feather Project.

I'm always thrilled to find feathers and when I found two blue jay feathers in my garden, I felt like I had received a present for the hours I had just spent working there.  I saw their magic and was inspired to interpret them in stitch on a fabric remnant from a dress I made myself about 30 years ago. 
The fabric scrap reminds me of the ground that I found the feathers on.  I really like that this little cloth has a connection to Tim's cloth where I used the same fabric scrap.  You know I will be adding some magic blue jay feathers too.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Sharon. I love the colors. It looks like you outlined some as well as stitched. I might have to try this.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!