Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shooting Stars On The Summer Side Of The Moon

Much stitching has been happening here.  Mostly in the evenings which is a good thing as it does keep me upright in the chair zone. 

The Summer sky has shooting stars now and I'm working on the transition where the sky and flowers join....in my mind for now.
While adding the moon trees, I wondered if the green moon forest trees were a reflection of the moon trees or was it the other way around.  Whichever, a new red tree popped into the forest on the Summer side of the moon
I have concentrated on the Summer side of the moon and here I added a new green moon and two more trees.
I call this the rogue moon tree. It could be the only real tree on the moon.  It doesn't reflect to or from anywhere. Puzzling. For now. But I love it.  
And this sweet bird-in-the-moon that sits where the Autumn and Winter forests converge was composed yesterday with small scraps where I saw the potential of a bird.  I was so focused on stitching, it was not until after I finished and stepped back that I saw my placement was right beside a moon tree bird with the same pose. 

After the surprise registered, that discovery gave me great understanding of and how things that channel through and around and up and down and over and under and away and near and loud and silent and then...... POP!!! right back out.......

4 comments:

  1. Scrumptious! The bird applique is a genius touch. Cannot wait to see the entire piece. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems only right that the "wing keeper" would find a bird on her cloth :) I finally got to free motion stitch on my apron. I will show you it soon...
    Kris-10

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how wonderful! I had never found this blog of yours, i love seeing what you stitch and sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got here from watching your Morning Art that a friend sent me. You inspire me to get back into my stash. And...um...now I'll NEVER get rid of the clothes I dont' want anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!