Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Finishing Touches and Apron Initiation


This concludes my presentation of Tree Castle Apron, a mixed media, face painting, fabric collage project using Inktense Pencils. 



Video: Finishing Touches...alternative video link.




Video: Apron Initiation....alternative video link.


********************
If you are new to this free offering and want to start at the beginning, there is a list in the sidebar. 
Or you can start here:
Time to hang it up. I hope you enjoyed and found inspiration and tips to just play and touch fabric with your hands, paint and Inktense Pencils.

7 comments:

  1. Many thanks for sharing this project! I now need need need to get some inktense pencils... I never new about them becoming permanent after wetting. It was so nice to be able to watch a section every day, a small break in the flow of these days. Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year Sharon, hugs from green and misty northern Vermont, where the small amount of snow which fell is all melted away! -Carroll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carroll, I so appreciate you and your kind words. I'm happy that you enjoyed the class and happy that I shared it. If you ever order from Dick Blick online, you can buy individual Inktense pencils and that way you don't end up with more than you want. Or you can build your supply gradually. Again thanks,
      Sharon

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for this tutorial workshop...I have a small set of inktense pencils and am going to make myself a chart after Christmas...I mainly use them for journaling etc, but may just HAVE to make an apron now Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Julierose. Inktense on fabric is my favorite thing to do with them. I like that if you don't like what happend with the inktense, you can just wash it out before it dries.

      Delete
  3. Sharon, I haven't had time to finish watching the videos in the last two blogposts, but I've really enjoyed what I have seen. I took your class with Deryn several years ago. Painting intimidates me, but I think that I'll try your techniques. You make it seem so easy. Thank you for your generosity. Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet,
      This will all stay up so you can refer back to it when you get ready to paint.
      Thanks loads!

      Delete
  4. Sharon, I must have missed this in one of the videos but could you tell me what size the face is? Or the size of the muslin used, or point me to the video where you talked about this.Thanks.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!