Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Dye Pot

I wanted to document some of the fabrics before throwing them into the Rit dye pot.  The discovery of over dying any fabrics in my collection to incorporate them with and into Tim's quilt is exciting. 

So much so that I jumped up one morning this week and ran this second batch through the dye before leaving for the desk in town.  Then, if you look closely at the above fabric on both sides you can see a floral with a bird of some sort.  I like the think I discovered a partridge in a pear tree and that excited me so much that I managed to rinse and dry this batch and select some of the pieces to take with me to the desk in town.  I composed the third forest component and have it ready for stitching.  
I'm leaving the moon unstitched on the Second Forest for now.  And of course there is a lot of stitching to add to all of these components.  But first I want to get four or maybe eight forest components ready before adding the embellishing stitches.  One reason for that is the stitching inspiration hasn't shown it's self yet.
I am gonna love this Forest with the birds in the tree.  It is all ready to stitch down and I'm sure to find myself in the chair zone this weekend.  It is cold and drizzling rain.  Perfect for siting and stitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!