Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Friday, August 21, 2015

I Think I Can I Think I Can


Dear Timothy,

Cause for celebration! I reached the last backside corner. All of the stitches from the front side are now well hidden with the stitching down of Grand Pa's shirts. I continue to stitch and stitch. I can see the end. "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can." 

Tim, I hope you remember the message in the child's book, The Little Engine That Could. It is a good lesson about hard work, thinking positive and perseverance.

4 comments:

  1. I so enjoy your posts about Tim's quilt. You have made great progress! Yes, "I think I can...."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I am just about to finish. It has been a long time coming.

      Delete
  2. Love all the hand stitching. Meditative work perfect for instilling a little personal spirit into a special quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stitching is definitely meditative work for me. I find it so relaxing.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!