Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Last Jungle Corner

Dear Timothy,
At last! I have added the Summer Jungle. This is as big as it will get. I haven't measured it but I can tell you that it covers the top of my king size bed. 

I've been spending a lot of time stitching this side. As you know, I do enjoy stitching in the cold of winter. And I have made a lot of progress. I have been trying to stitch some every day because I'm really anxious to finish this. I have hopes. A little every day will do it.  
Summer Jungle
Last Jungle Corner


6 comments:

  1. I can't stop thinking about this wonderful, wonderful quilt! Lucky Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I hope you will share photos of the finished quilt. You have the touch for blending colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Linda, You know I will show the finished. It is quiet large and will be a bit hard to show but I will figure it out. For sure.

      Delete
  3. I've been following this quilt from the beginning or thereabouts and am completely in love. Question: it looks like this last piece of weaving is a border around the center. How are you attaching it to the center? Are you laying out one bottom cloth? questions questions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, I pretty much just wing it as I go. What I'm saying is each addition may have been done a little different. If you click on the Label, "conjoining" you can maybe see with the pictures how I have done it.

      When I was making smaller "components", I stitched the weaving pieces onto a backing. I did not stitch to the edge and stopped stitching about 3/4 of an inch more or less. I also left tales of various lengths extending beyond the base cloth. When "conjoining" the "components", I lifted the weaving pieces and first basted the two base cloths together. Then I worked out how the weaving pieces would connect. I really liked those connections because it is hard to discern how it is done.

      The black border was added with a length folded in half longways and stitched to the middle component along the folded edge. This left a flap that I could open and insert the component into. The last two sides, I didn't have components ready and so I first basted the base cloth and then did the weaving right on top.

      Hope this helps. Mostly you just need to study the photos. I showed how I did it but did not elaborate because my writing is actually to Timothy. My intention is to publish the blog into book form when the quilt is finished and give ot Tim with the quilt.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!