Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chatter In My Head

Dear Timothy,
I am making progress on this green moon and cloud.  Almost done. I have found that stitching relaxes me and helps to clear the chatter in my head.  And while that is going on, I do wonder if my Granny and Big Mama, your great, great grandmothers, found quilting and stitching relaxing. Or did they do it totally out of necessity?  I wonder.
Your beast is getting spots and I'm getting very close to finishing the big moon.  

1 comment:

  1. i've wondered that too.

    i read a letter once in a historical book and the young woman was lamenting the fact that she was worn out and too lazy to sit and finish her stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!