Every now and then, I need to touch cloth. I will use this space to show my play with cloth and tell my thoughts while stitching.

I will only use unwanted clothing, cast offs, remnants, unfinished WIPs, cloth napkins, table cloths, curtains, and my stash which is pretty extensive.

I also intend to ramble randomly about anything that might come to mind. My rambles may be long or short or with photos only.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello Skirt

This morning I was awake early which means I start my day like someone has turned the clock up a bit.  That's OK.  I did another block weaving before heading to the office.  It is very much like the first one because I laid it out together and planned it that way.  I want to connect them.  This one has another green introduced. My skirt. The one I cut the elastic band off of.  I have now ripped it.  You see I could have put the elastic band back on and shortened the skirt which is the reason that I no longer wore it. 
I wondered this morning before getting out of bed if my counter top would be deep enough for the components.  It is.  I can stand or sit on my stool to baste the block before stitching.  Good lighting here and this is actually where I used to paint before I got the big black desk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and Thank You for stopping in!